Yummy Treats


.


I don't know what you want to actually call them... but yummy they are! I had a few peanut butter chips that I needed to use up... ok, that's a lie, wanted to use is more like it! I found a recipe that used Peanut Butter Chips, Crisco and Corn Flakes. Well, I didn't have any Corn Flakes, so I decided to make them with Rice Krispies instead. So, I started melting the Crisco and Peanut Butter Chips, but it didn't really make a nice creamy mixture that would coat cereal very well... so then I just started throwing things in.

What ended up in the pot you ask?

The Crisco (half a stick)
1 stick of Butter
1 Bag of Peanut Butter Chips
.5 Bag of Chocolate Chips
10 Mini Reece's Peanut Butter Cups
Rice Krispies (I just poured in enough to use up the melty mixture, but I'd guess it was 3-4 cups, but it could have been 5-6 too!
After it was all mixed together, I added a baker's bag of mini Reece's Pieces.

Scoop and cool! I used an ice cream scooper, so it could pack everything together, but I bet this would be a fun project to do with kiddos too, and let them press them into cookie cutters or roll them into balls.

Your Reply